Children deserve the BEST from our community!
It’s About Kids (IAK) is the Colorado Children’s Campaign’s statewide, grassroots advocacy network. It is comprised of over 2,600 health, early childhood and K-12 education professionals, community and business leaders, policymakers, parents and other engaged citizens joined together by their concern for the well-being of Colorado’s children.
Its About Kids network is led by a dedicated group of volunteer community leaders who provide guidance and direction to their communities and to the Children’s Campaign in a variety of ways, including:
- voicing the unique needs and characteristics of the children in their communities
- Engaging in regular dialogue and information exchange with Children’s Campaign policy staff to help shape and support the legislative agenda
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with policymakers and the media and their communities.
It’s About Kids is currently in 33 counties across Colorado.
Your Voice is Important
THINGS I CAN DO FOR KIDS:
- Support local businesses and
organizations that help children
- Sign up for KidsFlash enewsletter
- Learn how to become an advocate
- Write letters to legislators
- Attend candidate forums
- Get involved in my child’s school
- Go to parent-teacher conferences
- Volunteer at a child or youth
- Talk about Early Childhood
- Always stop at lemonade stands
- Hug a child today!
It’s About Kids Core Committee – Local Representatives
Tamara Volz, Director
Early Childhood Council of La Plata County
(970) 247-0760 x 1 email@example.com
Eileen Wasserbach, Director
Southern Ute Community Action Programs
(970) 563-4517 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Wise Romero, Chief Clinical Officer
Axis Health System
(970) 335-2202 email@example.com
Libby Culver, Director of Early Childhood Programs
Durango School District 9-R
(970) 247-5411 x1468 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Wilhelm, Research Analyst, Institutional Research,
San Juan College and Principal, SA Wilhelm Consulting
(406) 600-1692 – email@example.com
For more information, contact: Tamara Volz, 970-247-0760 x 1 – firstname.lastname@example.org