Infant Toddler Quality Improvement Awards:
The Early Childhood Council of La Plata County, as a recipient of the INFANT AND TODDLER QUALITY AND AVAILABILITY GRANT (HB 13-1921), is accepting applications from licensed child care programs (homes & centers) in La Plata County serving infants and toddlers that currently have a CCAP contract, to receive a quality assessment and mini-grant to improve the quality and/or capacity of their program.
Application deadline November 26th
Please complete and return application – see attachment above by November 26th to:
Early Childhood Council of LPC
ATTN: Heather Hawk, Quality Improvement Manager
PO Box 4140 Durango, CO 81302
Community Based Training – Click here for a complete list of trainings we offer to early childhood professionals.
Early Childhood Professional Training Project - Application for Scholarship
For more information contact:
Barbara Dodds, Administrator of Early Childhood Professional Training Project
In Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma and San Juan Counties Contact:
Shannon Bassett, Child Care Resource and Referral Coordinator
Email email@example.com or call toll free: 1-877-338-CARE
TO BECOME A LICENSED FAMILY HOME CHILD CARE PROVIDER FOLLOW THESE STEPS!
- Get a Licensing Packet!
Send a check made payable to The Early Childhood Council of La Plata County for $23.00 to: Shannon Bassett P.O. Box 4140, Durango, CO. 81302.
This packet will have all the information you need to get started, including…
- The Colorado Rules and Regulations that you would need to be able to abide by.
- Fingerprint Cards that all individuals residing in your home and are over the age of 18 will need to have completed.
- Health Forms that everyone residing in your household will need to have completed.
- The licensing application and fee schedule.
- Become Educated!
Contact Shannon Bassett at 970-247-0760 for information on dates!
The classes you will need are held at The Early Childhood Training Center 1315 Main Ave., Durango, CO. 81301 and are as follows:
- Medication Administration (4.5 hour class that is held on a Saturday)
- Universal Precautions (1.5 hour class that is held after Medication Administration on a Saturday)
- First Aid & CPR (5.5 hour class that is held on a Saturday)
- Pre-Licensing (2 All Day Saturday Classes)
- Submit your application to The Colorado Department of Human Services!
Within 6-8 weeks you will have a scheduled visit from our local licensing specialist and, if all of your requirements are met, you will receive your license and you can open your….
LICENSED FAMILY HOME CHILD CARE!
TO OPEN A LICENSED CHILD CARE CENTER FOLLOW THESE STEPS!
- Follow The Direct Link To The Colorado Division Of Child Care For Details!
- Contact Shannon Bassett For Further Information!