Colorado Shines (QRIS) – Colorado’s new Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) – is a method to assess, improve and communicate the level of quality in early care and learning at a program level.
Quality Improvement Supports may include but are not limited to:
- Technical Assistance and Support for navigation and utilization of the QRIS system, PDIS system, and creation of a Quality Improvement Plan
- Quality Improvement Coaching
- Substitute support to cover qualified coaching/professional development activities.
- Professional Development support for Early Learning Program staff, including college coursework and professional development conference/training attendance
- Purchase of quality learning materials related to the goals stated within the Quality Improvement Plan
If you are not familiar with the Colorado Shines website, here are a couple of resources to support the process: