Colorado Shines (QRIS) – Colorado’s new Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) – is a method to assess, improve and communicate the level of quality in early care and learning at a program –level.
Quality Improvement Supports may include but are not limited to:
1. Technical Assistance and Support for navigation and utilization of the QRIS system, PDIS system, and creation of a Quality Improvement Plan
2. Quality Improvement Coaching
3. Substitute support to cover qualified coaching/professional development activities
4. Professional Development support for Early Learning Program staff, including college coursework and professional development conference/training attendance, CLASS and ERS Observations
5. Purchase materials related to the goals stated within the Quality Improvement Plan
Contact Quality Improvement Navigator Corinne Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org 970-247-0760 x2 to learn more about how to access Colorado Shines.
The Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS)™ is a research-based observation tool that focuses on the effectiveness of classroom interactions among teachers and children.
Programs can hire a certified CLASS observer to score their classroom(s). Results can be used to:
– Earn up to 10 points in the Colorado Shines Rating point structure
– Teacher’s whose classrooms have been observed can earn up to 6 points towards their PDIS Credential Level
– Develop a strengths-based professional development plan for teachers
Certified CLASS Observers in Southwest Colorado:
Corinne Rogers (Infant & Toddler Certified) email@example.com
Bill Volz (Toddler & PreK Certified) firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified ERS Observers in Southwest Colorado:
Kimberlie Brown email@example.com